Monday, February 23, 2009

I Don't Like Mondays!

Mondays have been hard lately! It is the start of another week - another long week waiting to find out if we are going to be parents.

I have been checking blogs and message boards at a record pace again this morning. I am not sure what I am looking for - oh yes, information, any information I can get!

Information like:

WHERE IS OUR REFERRAL!!!!????

I want to call our agency and ask - GOT ANYTHING FOR US YET????

But we did that a few weeks ago and were told it would happen soon. SOON!!! BLECH!!! If I hear that one more time I will scream.

Seeing Ricki and Bruce arrive home with Yonas was amazing but it revved me up!

Seeing them with their son in their arms confirmed in both our minds that we are ready, truly ready to be parents! If someone up above thought we weren't ready...well we are - BRING. IT.ON.

I had it all set in my mind to post The Boomtown Rats song "I Don't Like Mondays" but I can't find one on YouTube that allows me to embed it - so if you want you can Google it - it's a good song!

I don't like Mondays!

Here's to Tuesdays instead!

16 comments:

Keltie said...

I don't think you have many more Mondays to go without knowing who your sweet baby is. :-)

Tova said...

I'm hating this Monday too. Mostly cause I'm scared of what I might hear, and what I might not hear. How messed up is that? I hear you on the being ready part! I used to hate weekends because they weren't the week and we wouldn't hear anything for two days. Now the weekend is like a little holiday. I can turn my brain off adoption for two whole days. Now I dread the week and what it will bring. :(

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Ick, Mondays. I'm praying you're Monday's are numbered!

Yeah, and hello, referral, like, COME ON. My friend here is SLIGHTLY OVERDUE!!!!!

Ramona said...

I hear you- Mondays I find myself blog hoping and and anxiously checking if anyone has anything new to post... and who will leave us waiting as they get the call (and yes, I'd be jealous but also happy for you...). Here's to no more mondays in this stage of the wait...
Ramona

Jess said...

sometimes I just don't know what to say... sending hugs your way!

Anonymous said...

Yes. Bring it on. Now. Referral for Rana. Please.

Julie said...

Come on Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

I was hoping you'd be changing the title to "I LOVE Mondays" after getting some good news! BAH!

(But I love Sir Bob and so this gives me an excuse to go listen to the song again... thanks!)

-C said...

I feel for you. That last leg of the wait is truly excrutiating. It's okay that you don't like Monday's anymore, as long as you don't want to shoot all day long like The Boomtown Rats did.

Carolyn said...

I hear ya!!!!! And to be honest I am not really looking forward to Tuesday either. I hope someone hears something soon. Talk soon.


Carolyn

;) said...

I don't like mondays either unless I have the day off, then I don't like tuesdays. ;)

Sending you all my positive vibes for That Referral to come now! It is time to see your baby's face already.

Kristen, Dave, Katelyn & Jon said...

It won't be long now Rana - your baby is coming soon!! I'm in Saskatoon - are you free tomorrow for supper?

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Oh Sweet Girl! Cheers to your Tuesday to come quick.

Laura

hazel said...

Mondays - ACK!

Also Tuesday, Wednesdays, etc etc etc.

I hate Fridays the most because it means another week has gone by with diddly squat.

I would like to suggest you don't check your sources so obsessively....but that would be hypocritical.

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAGGGHHH!!!! I just want to %@^$@^ hear that you have a referral!
Natasha

Anonymous said...

In order to be truely happy, one must find balance.......that is true in so many ways!