Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Obstacles

Today's inspiration is about obstacle's in yoga...but this can pertain to every aspect of life.

Our adoption journey is very much like an obstacle race! We had to jump many "hurdles" to get to this point and have many more in the coming months.

From the time you start this process you are on the paper chase....getting a home study done and approved....collecting all the items for the dossier that basically is you and your spouse's life in a nutshell...getting the police checks, medical checks etc. etc.

Then it is the obstacle of making sure the documents you have so carefully prepared get to your chosen agency and from there to Foreign Affairs and the Ethiopian Embassy. Canada Post can be a big obstacle as it has been proven when they lost a good friend's documents.

An even bigger obstacle is watching your precious cargo fly to Ethiopia via Fed Ex. Once you see that all your blood, sweat and tears have reached your child's country of birth, you are faced with the biggest obstacle of all....letting go of all control. You now feel as though you have no power. What you need now is pure faith, love and belief that your dream of having a family will come true. You leave your future in the hands of others...in the hands of God or the Universe depending on your beliefs.

I am starting to understand thru my adoption obstacle's that I am strong. Stronger than I ever imagined. I am starting to learn and exercise true patience in this process...something I have never had before.

I have never been good at letting people know when I am sad or upset...I have always been the one who listened. I have learned thru this adventure that it is o.k. to let others know I need their support. I can ask for help or advice and there will be someone to lend me a hand when I need it.

I think I can make it thru this obstacle course called adoption and I might even come out a wee bit stronger for it in the end!!

Tuesday's Inspiration - Day 15

"Remember, yoga practice is like an obstacle race: Many obstructions are purposely put in the way for us to pass through. They are there to make us understand and express our own capacities.

-Swami Satchidananda"

No comments: