Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nice Padded Room

Yesterday marked 6 months of waiting for a referral!

I know that we probably have another 6 months or so left to go, but it sure feels good to have those months behind us. I know the next few months are likely to be harder than the first, but I am trying everything in my power to remain positive and upbeat. I have to! If I don't - Yvan has threatened to have a room made up in our house with nice padding and I will get to wear a stylish white jacket that ties in the back....

So, here is a to another six months - if anyone needs to join me in the funny room you are all more than welcome - we will definitely have happy hour :)

Thursday's Inspiration

Two great humans - Mahatma Gandhi & Michael Jordan - both on very different playing fields offer us some advice today...some words of wisdom that lend to inspire us. And with both of these unique and precious men, we KNOW that they speak from EXPERIENCE. They truly walked their talk....or in Michael's case....not past tense :)!

Top 10 Tips from Gandhi:

Change yourself.
You are in control.
Forgive and let it go.
Without action you aren't going anywhere.
Take care of this moment.
Be congruent.
Be authentic.
Be your true self.
Continue to grow and evolve.

Words from Michael Jordan:

"I always wanted to know where I fit in with the best.
AUTHENTICITY is about being true to who you are, even when everyone else wants you to be someone else.

That doesn't mean you don't have to play fair or conduct yourself in a respectful manner. But it's a lot harder to become the best you can be when you're focused on trying to be the best version of someone else. There's nothing authentic in that, and if it's not authentic, then it's not going to last."

So...be your unique and precious snowflake of a Self - your life [your practice, your meditation, your art, your way of being in relationships] will look completely different than everyone else's...and so it "should"!

3 comments:

Ricki said...

Your posts are always so light and positive (my tend to be a little heavy and depressing) and it's so nice to stop in here and feel refreshed! I think I should hire for a daily email pick me up :)
Oh and yes if you do have an extra one of those nice white jackets that tie in the back, can you just set it aside for me as I'm sure I'll be joining you in that lovely room soon!
Ricki

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Do I need to make an appointment for that room, or is it on a walk in basis? LOL!!

Dianne said...

Can I just get a weekend pass? I just want to go for the happy hour! :D

I'm enjoying the daily thoughts.