Friday, April 25, 2008

TGIF

TGIF!!! This week has been a crazy busy week! Work seems to be going very well...knock on wood...and I managed to get a lot of loose ends tied up. I finally feel as though I have caught up from being away after Christmas (that is right only finally catching up now) and have everything under control. Now I can focus on the massive onslaught of houses my husband has ready for me.

I am ready for the weekend! This weekend is going to be busy but fun! Tonight I think we will go see a movie - maybe Fat Boy Run - mindless humour is always good for the soul :) But first we both need to go for our run - Yvan thought he had hurt is knee and kind of eased off of training and I have just been slacking as of late - turns out Yvan's knee is fine - he just needs to stretch more (told ya so hee hee) and I am back on track with my training schedule this week. We only have 4 weeks left until the Big Run Day!! EEEEEK!

I am going to get a much needed hair cut and color tomorrow - I know it is bad when Yvan says "wow, you have a lot of grey"...it's true I do!

Sunday we are running 5km (me) and 10km (Yvan) in the Spring Fun Run and then we are going to an 8oth Birthday celebration for Yvan's Grandma!

Today has already been a great so far...when I got to work I found this (see photo below) on my
chair.




My friend (and co-worker) Kristie (and Joel too) left this special gift for Yvan and me. Along with it was the most beautiful letter...I cried of course...and when I showed it to Yvan he got teary too! We will definitely be putting the letter into our life book for our new little one...he/she will know that they were loved and thought of even before they came to live with us.

Thanks Kristie and Joel -we can't wait to snuggle up in a chair and read this little gem of a book to our new baby!!

4 comments:

hazel said...

What a sweet gift.

Happy running :-)

Tanya said...

That book made me tear up!!

I need to get back on the running bandwagon... the snow was my excuse this last week...

Anonymous said...

Oh what a great surprise! And what a keepsake you'll have for your kids! That's so lovely.

And have a great run -- go get 'em!

Dianne said...

What a thoughtful gift!

fyi - I tagged you :) Blogland needs to get to know you better!

(http://dynamitedianne.blogspot.com/2008/04/tagged.html)