Friday, December 10, 2010

Confession Fridays

I confess this week has been uber busy and I have posts brewing in my mind I want to write and just haven't had the chance to yet.

I confess I did not get to read many blogs this week because of the above said uber busy week and I really want to catch up and see what you have all been up to.

I confess I have had dessert 4 times since Saturday...4 times..."tis the season" and my stomach is not loving me right now not to mention my sugar levels are whacked right out.

I confess I saw a license plate early this week that made me laugh, in fact, I am still laughing about it right now. Oh ya, I should tell you what it said "Sheesh" - ah ha ha ha "Sheesh". Best license plate EVER!

I confess I have gone to the gym 4 times this week - yeah me! - this should somewhat counterbalance all the dessert I have had. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

I confess last night we went over to a very good friend's house for dinner and it was an excellent time...great food, fantastic conversation and Wii Golf! Oh ya, I rocked the Wii Golf! Wii bowling...not so much!

I confess I read my friend Jess's blog this week where she talked about "Focus" and I completely related to feeling "blurry". She described how I have been feeling the last 2 months to a T! Incredibly blurry! It is good to know there are people who truly understand how you are feeling even if your experiences are vastly different. Much love to you Jess for sharing your story and feelings with us.

I confess to being excited about my momma coming for Christmas this year...she will be here in a week and 2 days!

I confess to being so distracted that I can't read a single book. I am a reader people! A reader! I have 4 books on the go and none are progressing at all....this isn't like me....I usually read a book a week! I miss the time I spend reading. It is usually a great distraction for me but the blurriness doesn't lend well to concentration.

I confess we have been hoping to be somewhere else for Christmas but that seems to be a fading dream right now...we would go on a wing and prayer but honestly...so much has happened over the last year it has definitely knocked our spontaneity level down a few notches...instead we have become overly guarded and cautious.

I confess this is a long post and I should say "Adieu".

7 comments:

Brendan and Mary said...

I confess I had four desserts yesterday alone...maybe even five! Hopefully things become very clear very soon for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mary, yes, Rana, most of us have way more than 4 desserts since Saturday. Saying that just shows how much self restraint you normally have. Wow.

Question for you, what kind of Christmas break does the CHC in Nairobi take???

I hear you on the working out thing. Headed that direction right now. Hoping to either cry or want to vomit.

I'm weird.

CinnamonOpus said...

FOUR desserts?

Amateur.

AND you worked out?

Showoff.

(Says the chubby girl, as she reaches for another cookie.)

It sounds like you have had a busy, crazy week, but there was some good stuff in there too. So that's nice -- you have had a rough time so it's great to see you finding time for YOU and FUN and, yes, DESSERTS!

And your mom is coming for the holidays, and that will be the best of all. Yay mom!

Anonymous said...

Ha, I say too 4! I think I'm too 2-3 squares a day! Boo to you rookie!!

So hoping your good news comes your way for Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, if it was Confession Monday, and you were saying you had dessert 4 times since Saturday, then that might be worth confessing. I'm just sayin'.

(For my part, I've eaten an entire bag of chocolate chips since Saturday.)

hazel said...

Yes, I'm in agreement with my fellow readers.

Rookie!!

I've eaten my weight in chocolate in the last couple of months - with no workouts.

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

InventingLiz said...

Four desserts in one week? Why are you depriving yourself?