Thursday, December 30, 2010

Confession Friday (Thursday Edition)

I confess tomorrow is going to a be a busy day and I won't have time to confess so I am doing it now.

I confess I have not slept very well this week but it is a good thing now. Many to-do lists of last minute things we need to get done before we go get the wee boy have been running through my head every night.

I confess I shouted "OH MY GOD!" really loud three times and looked wildly back and forth at my mom and my hubby as I was reading the email and telling them the visa was in. Then I promptly erupted in to entire body-wracking sobs!!!

I confess I will not be sad to see 2010 go. This year was filled with lots of pain, anxiety and anger that I would prefer not to remember. There were some very good times this year but over all when looking back at it I will remember the pain.

I confess I ate way to much food this year....as always I say "self, you will not eat so much food this Christmas" and then someone opens up a box of chocolates.

I confess I have not been to the gym in almost 2 weeks...eek!

I confess I have got the wee boy's bags packed already....and I have my mom ( and Cheryl) to thank for it because I would still be sitting on the floor in his room with clothes piled around me crying because I wouldn't be able to decide what size of anything to take...

I confess I will not be putting the dates we are leaving on our trip to bring our wee boy home on my blog because that is just not smart in the crazy world of the internets...but if you know me and want to know the details and have my email....well feel free :)

I confess the trip can't come soon enough and if I had my druthers we would be leaving tomorrow (inside joke on the druthers - ha ha ha)!

I confess I wish I could give each of you who read my blog a giant hug because I wouldn't have made it through this last year without all of your support!

I confess I am wishing everyone a very Happy New Year and the very best for 2011!!!

Cheers!

27 comments:

Shauna said...

Happy New Year Rana!!! I'm so happy 2011 is starting out so wonderful for you!!!!!!

Shauna said...

I meant to say for you, Ade and Yvan!!!!!!

Kari --- said...

Yayay!!!!! I still remember the holiday party dream and you were there with Ade.... wild!
I agree with the dates thing... and I wouldn't want to pry.. but I will definitely send all the prayers and positive thoughts I can to you for a smooth, exhilarating, awesome time in Addis! (my friend is a US diplomat in Addis!) Happy travels! :)

Tova said...

Druthers...hee hee. i don't even know what the joke is and it's funny.

Shannon said...

What can I say but SQUEEEEE!!!!! :)

Brendan and Mary said...

I am so freaking excited for you! Seriously, that moment in the airport when the two of you are walking towards security...I have goosebumps!!!!

Happy 2011, my friend! :)

Kendra said...

Happy New Year Rana and Yvan!

You may not be posting when you are leaving but I hope we get to hear all about your trip when you get home!!!! I am so excited for you.

Sharla said...

The happiest of Happy New Year's to you, Yvan, and Ade! One of the things about 2011 that I am most looking forward to is seeing a picture of that sweet little boy in your arms.

Tammy said...

I'm just so thrilled for you. Happy travels!

sandi said...

WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you got my email. I know you must be totally busy, but I wanted you to know we think of you all the time... can't wait to see you as a FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!

andrea said...

I don't know how you're standing it until you leave (except I can only imagine all the stuff you have to get done). Is there anything to make a happier new year than this... we are so happy for you :-) A

PS. Thank goodness for moms and good friends who help when we really, really need it :-)

InventingLiz said...

Have a wonderful, amazing, safe, and joyous trip - whenever it is!

darci said...

yayyyyyyy!!! I am so so happy and excited for you!!! yayy! :)

Karen said...

I confess that I think this is the best Confession Friday (even as a Thursday Edition) ever.

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Long time Lurker here. So excited for you guys! What a fabulous New Year!

Madame Moiselle said...

Rana - don't worry about not going to the gym and enjoying all the food that comes with Christmas: soon enough you will be running off your feet and the calories will just disappear - no gym required! lol I just can't wait!!!! So happy and excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I confess that you have been an excellent great friend. I confess that I too am beyond happy the 2010is ending!!! I confess that we couldn't be happier for you and Yvan to finally be going to get your wee one! I confess I will be thinking of you every minute while you are gone. I confess that someday I really want to meet you in person!
Happy New Year my friend!
Hugs ; )
Colleen

Anonymous said...

I confess that I adore how happy you are and I cannot wait for you to start being a mommy (in person!!). Cannot wait to see you at the airport with your son!!

Judy said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited and happy that you have finally goten your Visa and can go get your little boy. I know the time has been long but you endured and now you will be blessed with a precious child. I will be praying for you as you start on this amazing journey. I will be anxiously awaiting pictures and updates as you feel comfortable giving. May God's blessings be with you and your new little family.
Judy

CinnamonOpus said...

SO! FREAKING! WONDERFUL!

That is all.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year as a new Mom and Dad---FAMILY!

Godspeed!


xxxx

Stephanie said...

Happy New Year is right! 2011 is going to be waaaaay better than 2010!!

Thanks for being a great friend!

Steph :-)

Long Journey Big Dreams said...

Happy New Year! Hope your trip to get your little one is soon and you can hold him in your arms! I believe 2011 will bring you much joy

Historica said...

Congratulations ! I have really happy to hear that 2011 will be the year were your son will be with you forever. What a good start ! Have a safe trip.

JCB said...

I have the dates marked on my calendar for when you are travelling and I am counting down. I am SOOOOOO very excited for you :) You will be in my prayers the entire journey.

hazel said...

I am so happy that 2011 will be filled with none of "TEH DRAMA" from the friggin' adoption wait - only "TEH DRAMA" of flying to Ethiopia and FINALLY meeting your son. And that is the BEST drama in the world!!!

I love to relive those moments from meeting Biset last year. It's the most freaking awesome thing you will ever experince, IMHO. GAWD, I am so happy and relieved for you guys.

P.S. Biset hinted she wants to meet up with her boyfriend again this summer....

Janice said...

There couldn't be a better reasonf or being busy and not sleeping - preparing to get your son. I am thrilled for you.

Janice