We have had quite a few people call and email asking us how we are doing!
Honestly, it is so amazing to know that people care so much and are thinking of us right now.
So, I thought I would do a little post letting you know what we know as of today.
1. We have not been matched with our child yet - this means the child meant for us and vice versa has not come along yet and so we wait.
2. Our agency director is going to Ethiopia tomorrow for a few weeks. She is hoping to work on referrals - will we be in the next batch? We don't know - they can't tell us because they don't know and even if they did know they still couldn't tell us as it needs to come to our provincial office first and then to our social worker and then to us.
3. We know we are right there very close to the top of the list - but how long it will take is unknown - 3 weeks, 1 month, 2 months your guess is as good as ours.
4. What are we going to do? We have come this far - we can go a few more months. There are days where I absolutely feel like I CAN NOT go one more day but Yvan is strong and reminds me of the alternative which is never having kids and that won't do! So we wait!
5. We are both sad - sad it is taking so long but we will make it - especially with all the love we get from all of you :)
6. Not only should Kleenex start paying me residuals for the usage and advertising but I am now going to talk to JELLO PUDDING because it has become my comfort food this week - there's nothing like a little J-E-L-L-O (chocolate - 'cause that's how I roll) when you are feeling weepy to make you smile....seriously - you should try it! You WILL smile while you eat it. You can't help it. Makes you feel like a kid again.
That is the scoop!