Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Sound of Silence

That is what we are hearing....the sound of silence.

We know Nairobi has requested further medical testing or clarification (take your pick) but they won't tell us what...and we have asked..believe me we have asked.

If you look up vague in the dictionary you will see a picture of CHC Nairobi!

We have asked our MP to help us - to say he is unwilling is an understatement! I am still scratching my head trying to figure out how an elected official dismisses one of its constituents at the drop of a hat.

All we want to know is what test they are doing. It's not to much to ask.

Our agency doesn't get to see the medical instructions but we are hopeful the immigration doctor will tell them what is needed sometime this week or early next when they take our boy for his appointment.

We are fearful it is a sputum testing which takes 8 weeks to get results....8 weeks! If this is the case it will be sometime in 2011 before we get to bring him home....a fact which has me absolutely losing my mind...

I have been asking a lot of Why? questions lately.

Why is this happening to him?

Why is this happening to us?

Why does no one seem to want to help us get answers? (and by this I mean our government officials)

Why, after all we have been through, does there seem to be more shit being dumped on us?

Many scenarios have crossed our mind as to what we can do, but until we know what test they want we can't implement any plan of action.

If anyone has any ideas as to what we can do, we'll take them.

29 comments:

shauna said...

Rana and Yvan,
I am so sorry that this wait continues.
Do you think if the community bombard your MP with e-mails he may be more helpful? There are many people who would love the opportunity to help in this small way...

Carolyn said...

I will join in on that e-mail campaign! It is worth a try at this point! We all really want to help.


Carolyn

Lisa and Jason said...

Could we also all bombard our own MPs who would potentially then put pressure on your MP to step in?? I know that, in the past, when I have written to my MP regarding another family, he has called the MP of the other family to see if there was anything he could do. . . I am so sorry! This is just so ridiculous!

Liz said...

It must be so frustrating to just not know what is happening or why, I wish there were something I could do to help!

D Dae said...

I agree, maybe we can contact our MPs on behalf of you. Our MP is amazing and maybe he could kick the butt of your MP and get some action out of him???

Anonymous said...

could you just go over to Ethiopia ( since he is legally yours) and at least be with him as he waits for his visa? that way you would know EXACTLY what;s going on.
just an idea...

turgeonexpansion said...

Anything you need, you let me know, we have your back.

Ranavan said...

Dear Anonymous:

Going to Ethiopia is definitely something we have/are considering.

We need to know exactly what we are looking at in terms of a length of stay before we make a final decision.

It could be weeks....

It could be many months....

Corrie said...

my family is heading over to Ethiopia next week for a couple weeks. Would it help if someone on the ground could take your little guy for his appointment instead of waiting for someone from the agency to find the time to go? Is it possible to go to a clinic and expedite the medical information? Let us know if we can help you in any way. This is so ridiculous.

Brendan and Mary said...

We'll contact our MP in a heartbeat. Our MP worked really fast for us when we needed help so I'm sure they'd be happy to contact yours. That would be awesome if Corrie's family could take him directly for you too.

Hoping and praying you can get some news very soon so that you can at least make a plan.

Sending you big hugs,

Mary

candra said...

HI,
I found your blog through the Turgeons and I too am sorry that your wait continues. If there is an email campaign, I will join too. Our prayers are with you,
Candra

maggie said...

I agree with all the comments about bombarding. I am so sorry you guys. I cannot believe that they are denying this beautiful child a house full of love for so long.

wholetthishappen said...

You know we will do what we can as well. And I second the motion of both bombarding your MP and getting other people's MP's to contact your MP.

Say the word. You have a pack of angry mama's just waiting to be unleashed.

Love and hugs.

Kari --- said...

I will definitely do whatever it takes, bombarding MP's... whatever... this is reeeeeeediculous!

H. Blake said...

I say go be with him. Period.

Karen said...

Hi there. Yes, I was just thinking that, before I realized Shauna and others had already posted the same thing. Could we all contact your MP, maybe copied to our own MPs? Something like that. I know many of us would do it in a heartbeat.

M Stokes said...

Rana:
What about contacting a prov and/or federal ombudsman as well contacting immigration watch canada. i agree....put some pressure on other mp's in your province about this dipstick who reps you guys...nothing like peer pressure. if it's works on the playground surely it must work at the puzzle palace in Ottawa.
paula

Ricki said...

I will definitely join in on the email campaign! What about going to the media? If your MP gets negative attention via the media, surely that would get some action?!?!?!

andrea said...

I'm in for an email campaign... my MP, your MP... just say the word (and help me know what to say!). A

Melissa said...

Go to Ethiopia! It might be a short stay or it might be a long stay, but there is no way that it can mess up your life like this wait has. And, you'll never regret spending that time with Ade no matter where he is. You can do it!

I am also more than willing to write or sign whatever kind of letter to whomever you need. I will even give them a kick in the pants!

june said...

I have nothing else to add to what has been already suggested, but I'd love to send a harshly worded email to your MP.

Ok, ok, a POLITELY worded email, but the word "jackass" would be implied.

I would also be considering going to Ethiopia at this point, but I think you are wise to stay put until you find out just what it is they are requesting - or at least until he goes for his medical appt, since presumably then there will be some indication what the EFFING HELL they are doing. Gah.

And if it is the gastric culture, god forbid, then I would start planning to go there after Christmas. You'd have a concrete date to head over which would make xmas easier, you'd be 6 weeks into the wait for the test results, and looking at a shorter time frame in-country. And hey, who doesn't want to get out of Saskatchewan in January?? ;)

just my thoughts...

emily and mike said...

8 weeks???? NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will definitely be praying for you guys. I don't know what to say anymore, this is just taking way too long and is so so brutal. My only hope is that if A & C are home with their son, you guys will be too. You will. Just don't give up!

Sherri said...

Rana
I dont' know what to say but that I'm so sorry for this wait/delay/agony you're going through... thinking of you.. Sherri

Ramona said...

I am tired for you. So tired. But am willing to fight with some emails if you choose that route. There is something so wrong about the secretiveness of immigration when they are dealing with your own son. As I've told you before, we were able to get a report from CIC (after many answers that they never give medical reports) so I will pray they let you in on what is going on! (And, if they use a different child's name through most of the report, if it gives you any reassurance, our reports was accurate when we had P at the specialists in Canada). If there is a reason for medical testing, it would be so much better if you, His mommy could be involved...... I just want him home and in your arms.
Ramona

Claudia said...

I'm so, so sorry that this is continuing. Your heart must be so sore. Sending you lots of love.

Karen said...

Ditto so much of what has already been said...

I'm also willing to help however i can, or cheer you on to go be with your son!

ugh! there just are no words left...

Jess & Darrell said...

I'll send emails if that's what you need... I understand how 'supportive' our government can be.
Going is not a bad idea... but VERY hard when you don't know how long you will have to stay.
Here for you my friend...

darci said...

it's terrible! i don't know what else to do, but i am glad to do ANY?THING so let me know if there is something, emails, calls, whatever. darci
mhovdestad at hotmail dot com

Janice said...

Yep, willing and ready to send letters/emails.

Anything to help.

Janice