Thursday, October 1, 2009

This is it....Celebrity Sighting!!!!

Ha! Hilarious! I was wondering how you would all take me postponing the "celebrity sighting"!

Had to make you squirm a little :)

No Rhonda, it wasn't Jerry Springer - I wouldn't even post if I had seen him...I would have run the other way!

Sarah was right!

After having spent the day walking over the Brooklyn bridge and back and then thru Chinatown and Little Italy we wandered into Soho.

Now you should know that these areas are all fairly close together - Manhattan is smaller than you think geographically because it is built upwards. Skyscrapers are abundant and this is where everyone lives - up in the sky or in brownstones.

We had just stopped for a coffee/tea break and then headed out to roam some more. We stopped at the APPLE store (Travellers Tip - if you are in a city that has an APPLE store this is a good place to stop, if it is convenient, to check email, blogs, message boards or whatever for free. All their computers have Internet access)

But I digress - we had just left the store and were wandering around thinking about where we would eat for supper when we came across a plethora (that's right a plethora) of black suburbany type vehicles and trailers as well as a large crowd of people.

Well, being the curious types we are we decided to see what was up and being the shy person I am, I walked right up to someone and said "What's going on? Why is everyone standing around?"

They said "Sarah Jessica Parker is in the trailer. They are filming Sex and the City 2 and we are all waiting for her to come back out."

"Reeeeeaaaaaally!!!!!" I say and whip my camera out faster than you can say "Boo". I love Sex and the City, and my sis-in-law loves it even more so I knew I had to get some photos if I could.

We stood there for about 15 minutes and were just about to leave when a commotion happens down the block and…...

Cynthia Nixon a.k.a Miranda Hobbes walks by

She wasn't very smiley or pleased to see the fans it seems.


We wait a little longer and are kept amused by the waiting crowd. Every so often someone comes out of the trailer and the crowd goes "oooooooooooooh" and when it isn't Sarah they all would go "aaaaaaawwwwwwwww!"

Too funny!

Then she did come out - and she was lovely taking the time to say "Hi" and wave to everyone and pose for a couple of photos. Then she left to go to set and the crowd swarmed after her so we followed the crowd because they amused us.

Sarah Jessica Parker a.k.a Carrie Bradshaw

Right around the corner is where they are filming a scene for the new movie. So we hung for a bit with the rest of the folks...and....

Kristin Davis a.k.a Charlotte York strolls by with her bodyguard.



Next up Kim Catrall a.k.a Samantha Jones arrives.

Let me tell you...the women in the crowd ( and it was mostly women) squealed with excitement when she came by...actually squealed!




The Paparazzi snapping the celebs! Don't they seem pleased with themselves.

We thought we might stay for a while to watch a scene being filmed but they shooed us away like little flies! Oh and we happened to talk to a fellow who lived in the area and he asked us what was going on. When we told him he said "oh $%^@, I am so annoyed by those girls...I mean they bring good business to the city but how would you like it if your street was constantly being shut down for shooting and you had tourists and paparazzi hanging outside of your apartment all day!"

Point taken! We did make sure to tell him we had just stumbled across this and it wasn't the reason we had come to New York...seemed to make him happier and he wished a pleasant time in NY.

New Yorkers, you gotta love 'em. They are definitely honest!

P.S. If you click on the pictures they as Cinn says "Embiggen"

19 comments:

Danielle said...

HOW COOL!! I don't watch the show, but just the idea of seeing a celebrity gets me all excited (I'm a nerd, I know). :-)

CinnamonOpus said...

Embiggen. Heh.

Yeah, I wish I could take credit for it, but I totally stole that from Wil Wheaton.

hazel said...

Let me get this out of my system first - what the hell do they have Charlotte wearing?? Crikey!

Ok, other than that - YOU LUCKY WOMAN!! This is SO exciting. The ladies do look lovely (despite that one dress).

Jess said...

wow! You could not pay me enough to be a celebrity - that would get so annoying! But SO excited that you got to experience that - fun!

Calmil2 said...

Seriously great pictures!!! How fun.

Dianne said...

Lucky duck! What fun! I'm so impressed that you kept following the crowd! hehe

Boy they dress those women funny sometimes. I know everyone always said that show was so fashion saavy, but really...!!! Never in a million years!

Janice said...

Love the pics Rana.! I think you hit it big on the celebrity sitings... But where was Mr. Big??

Must be nice to have someone do your hair and make-up and then hit the streets of NYC.

I'm going to think of you when I see the 4 women wearing those outfits in a scene in the next movie.

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

GET FRICKIN' OUT OF HERE! REALLY??? I am sooooo jealous -WAY better then my Mary Murphy sighting in Vegas - WAY WAY better!!!

L

lyndsey said...

OMG I am SOOOOO friggin Jealous!!!! That would have been SOO cool. I actually said to kevin.. I am going to try and find the set and see the girls when we are there... I am a HUGE fan. I own all the DVD's and I watch them all the time (no cable). That is tooo cool. I really hope I get to see them... fingers crossed!!!

yayay Tahnks Rana!!

HomoHausfrau said...

That's super cool!

I, too, don't watch the show.. but I'm sure it would have been cool to see them nonetheless!!!!

emily said...

Wow, that is one wicked sighting you happened upon. I mean HUGE! So fun.

Next post: COURT DATE!!!

Ranavan said...

uh, hmmmmmmm...I actually really liked Charlotte's dress...it was super cute on her :D

But, ya, I was stressing about how to pack for NY and let me tell - anything goes and people don't dress like they do on the show....not in any of the places we were anyways.

hazel said...

...maybe it was just a bad, windblown angle on that dress... :-\

Anonymous said...

AH! I'm uber jealous! How lucky are you!!!!!

Shauna said...

That is super cool Rana! you lucky chick!

Keltie said...

When my daughter was born, my friend lent me every season of Sex and the City. I watched episodes every night at about 2 am when she woke up to eat. I had never watched it when it was on tv, but I fell in love! You definitely had a unqiue and exciting experience!

Sharla said...

What could be more "New York" than stepping into a Sex in the City scene?! Very cool!

Rowan Family Tree said...

THAT was cool!!!!

Tova said...

Your pictures way exceeded my expectations! How cool! That might be one celebrity sighting that I would stick around for...oh, for the clothes! But, if I had the clothes, where would I wear them???