Sunday, September 28, 2008

Girls Weekend Part 1

Dinner out

Saturday night I had the immense pleasure of spending the evening with Sandi, Rhonda and Dianne. Dianne drove in from Calgary for the weekend. I hadn't met her yet and she is delightful - I can't wait hang out with her again sometime :)

We started the night by going for supper at Keo's for excellent Thai food - it is almost as good as Thailand -almost.


















1 Ginger Beef, 1 Chicken Cashew Nut and 2 Phad Thai later - we were stuffed and ready for the next phase of the evening!


Slumber Party


Dessert is served - HELLO!!!! Cheesecake and Brownies - DEEEEELISH!!


Getting ready for dessert and photo ops






Sandi had us all intently listening to something - not sure what might have been this.



The gals in their jammies!



We decided we needed a photo to sum up how we are all feeling during our adoption process thus far!



I would say we all showed our emotions pretty well.

Thanks so much girlies - the evening was full of awesome Phad Thai, dessert, conversation, venting and super cool gal pals!!

We MUST do this again

Stay tuned for Part Two of Girls Weekend! Ya, it has two parts ;)

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Looks like lots of fun- I really like the look of those desserts! It is so nice to be able to share this hard journey with friends who really understand.


Carolyn

Dianne said...

It was so awesome meeting you, Rana! I'm glad you were there!!

Seriously, I think a little girl bonding time was just what we all needed :) Oh, and the pad thai... my new comfort food.

Jody said...

looks like you had a GREAT time.

The Turgeon Expansion said...

YAHOOO!! That was so much fun, you gals probably got sick of hearing me "swear" all night long!

Looking forward to the next time!!

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Looks like a great time! I am so jealous of the fun, the friends and the food!