Saturday, August 27, 2011

Maple Walnut Mama

I remember when I first started my blog almost 4 years the welcome I got from some of my blogger friends. Since then I have met so many wonderful people because of my blog.

I want to introduce my friend, Maple Walnut Mama, who just started up her own blog.

Her family was built through adoption as well. They adopted domestically which is just as emotional and hairy as international adoption.

We met sometime ago and then she moved away. It wasn't until after she moved that we started to get to know each other.

She read my blog and we emailed.

They got their referral for Lovebug almost 2 years ago and she continued to send notes of encouragement and support throughout our lengthy process to bring Ade home.

When we were in Vancouver last week, we had the chance to reunite and see our two kidlets finally playing together!

I am thankful for her friendship!

She had always mentioned how she would like to blog but wasn't sure she was ready to share all of her emotions with The Internets.

She didn't think she should "blubber, bawl or snot all over people."

Well, this is something I have been doing since the beginning! As have so many of us here in blogger-adoption land.

So, welcome to the blubbering, bawling and snotting all over people club.

It continues even now that the kidlet is home except now it is because of loss of sleep or tantrums.

I look forward to reading your posts about the good, bad, fun, and very busy times of parenthood!

Please go and give her a nice big "Welcome to the block!"

1 comment:

Maple Walnut Mama said...

Hi Friend,
Thanks for the warmest welcome around! I feel a bit like I was endorsed by a beloved star of the adoption world!
Jen
Glad I could return the favour and cause a tear :)