Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bridge City Beat Down

O.k. we might just be crazy but we just registered for this - The Bridge City Beat Down.Sounds enticing doesn't it!

It is a local version of the Crossfit Games which is a yearly event held in California to find the "Fittest on Earth".

Ours is to find the "Fittest Person on the Prairies".

Yvan did it last year and had a blast.

My goal is complete all 3 WODs (WOD = workout of the day).

It's a personal challenge.

Yvan and I have been "Crossfitting" for about a 1 1/2 now but I really started to get my head into it about 4 months ago.

Not that I wasn't serious about it but my mind was definitely always on the adoption and my focus was getting Ade home.

He is home and settling in so now I am setting some goals for myself.

And this is one of them.

To work hard, do my best and finish the day with a smile on my face.

What I need is some encouragement.

So, pretty please, with sugar on top, tell me I can do it!

What is this crossfit thing we are doing you ask? Read this and it will tell you.

And watch this to get an idea of what we are in for



If you live where we live, come and cheer for us on Sept. 10th.

11 comments:

andrea said...

You can do it!! A

Jennifer said...

WOW--Good for you!!! That is AMAZING!! I totally think you can do it!!

andrea said...

P.S. I hope you're going to do it wearing some super cute, crazy outfit! A

Anonymous said...

Who's that guy at second 28?!

You can do it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry - Anonymous = Kristie :)

Melissa said...

I do think you are a wee bit crazy to want to do this, but I am pretty sure you can do whatever you put your mind too!!

Brendan and Mary said...

We totally would have come to cheer you on, but we have a wedding that day.

Tova said...

Hard core, woman! I did more self defense and am having to work the bag. I hurt so much today I don't even want to breath. I will be cheering you on in spirit. Maybe one day we can do something like that together.

Carolyn said...

You are hard core!!!!! I can hardly run up the stairs I am so out of shape right now! I will be cheering you on from afar!


Carolyn

Sharla said...

That is incredible! I've never even heard of that! But you can totally do it!

Just another crossfitter:) said...

U Can Do It! I do crossfit at brio and I love it! I have been Doing for 2 months only but I'm totally in love with it! Good luck !