Thursday, March 31, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess I didn't write a Manic Monday post because sometimes it is better not to say the things you are feeling/thinking and instead just let them pass.

I confess the sun came out today and the wee one and I went for a long walk around the river with a good friend and her baby.

I confess I had a date with Javier Bardem last night. I went to see his movie "Biutiful" and it was fantastic. He was fantastic! It has been so long since I have been to 1.)see a foreign film 2.) a movie by myself.

I confess I enjoy going to see a movie by myself now and then because 1.) You get to choose the movie and no one argues with you. 2.) You get to choose where in the theatre you get to sit - I like the front couple of rows 3.) No one talks to you so you can completely and utterly get lost in the film you are watching. (This is especially important when the film is subtitled like last night's movie was.) 4.) you get the popcorn all to yourself!

I confess I started back to yoga tonight after a long, long break and it felt so good to stretch and contort myself in unusual ways!!!

I confess we are going to see Bruce Cockburn on Sunday night and I am really looking forward to it.

I confess our wee boy is a funny little dude and makes us laugh daily!

I confess Blogger has been driving me crazy lately! It seems to have a mind of its own and it is pissing me off to no end!

I confess I am totally disillusioned by our political system right now and really am not sure voting for one particular party or another will make a difference. I will vote...don't get me wrong but the choices we have leave something to be desired. I also think the timing of this election is atrocious! Spring Election! Blech! I hate all those signs in people's yard...and for some reason the first ones to go up are always NDP. Why is that? (This statement does not allude to some kind of political bias.) And really aren't there more important things happening on the world stage right now and our government is basically at a stand still and can't participate or take action.

I confess you should read this post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you picked that Bruce song to play. :)

And I confess you will probably enjoy the concert.

CinnamonOpus said...

Wow. Thanks for the link. That was powerful.

Enjoy your time with Bruce!

Carolyn said...

Glad that you got out and about on your own! Also glad that your wee one makes you laugh!


Carolyn

hazel said...

a) It's still Thursday...
b) I have been to one movie by myself - that was MJ's "This Is It" - I went days before leaving for Ethiopia. Loved the experience.
c) Yay for spring weather and long, happy walks with our wee ones!

andrea said...

Thanks for sharing the blog link... A

Melissa said...

Our political system makes me completely crabby. We just got a new (liberal) leader in BC, are heading a provincial election, are waiting to hear of the new NDP leader, have a tax referendum coming up, all in addition to the federal election. Ugh. I should probably feel excited or inspired, but I don't.